MS Access Data Corruption Symptoms
Microsoft Access Data Corruption happens more commonly than you may think. Corruption can be caused by many factors. The most typical are; Not exiting MS Access correctly, or terminating the program (i.e rebooting if the system hangs), System failure (when your computer crashes), or general power failure (caused by a power cut). Some cases are more complex and require analysis by experienced technicians.
Data corruption can occur in varying forms. In order to help you, here are several of the most common error messages taken from our Log of MS Access Data Corruption cases.
- ‘Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close’
- ‘Unexpected error 35012’
- “Visual Basic for Applications Project in This Database Is Corrupt”
- ‘Enter password’ (When no password should be required)
- Program crashes with error message ‘Invalid Page Fault/GPF’ when opening the mdb file
- ‘You do not have the necessary permissions to open this object. Please contact your system administrator”
- ”The Microsoft Jet Engine cannot open this file”
- <file name> is not iIndex in this table. Look in the index collection of the TableDef object to determine the valid index names’
If you have experienced similar error messages or any unusual occurances whilst using MS Access, then you may be experiencing corruption. If left, corruption can become worse and may begin to affect other areas of your computer.
To put your mind at rest, send us your data now and we can complete an analysis and provide you with a Free Recovery Report on your data.